Strategy role-playing game We are the Caregivers It will leave Early Access and launch on: Xbox series and computer via Steam On January 6, 2023, the developer Heart Shaped Games was announced.
when it comes previously announced Xbox One version, Heart Shaped Games told Gematsu“The Xbox One version is unlikely to be available at launch. We want to make sure it’s optimized before it’s released. In the short term, we are focused on Steam 1.0 and Xbox Series.”
We are the Caregivers first made available in Early Access for PC via: Steam On April 22, 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via steam page:
We are the Caregivers is an afrofuturist team to manage role playing game. Create a secret guardian group in inspired team building systems. Ogre War, The Darkest Dungeon, Black Pantherand XCOM. Defend the endangered animals your world trusts in strategic turn-based combat. Define your approach to global resistance by balancing your reputation, funds, research, animals and alliances.
We are the Caregivers an exciting new species strategy gameblending staffing, RTS– paused, narrated and turn-based JRPG Fight in an exciting campaign. The game introduces players to an original sci-fi universe with nuanced characters, brutally dark narrative, deep mysteries, layered unit management challenges, and escalating conflicts with no easy or definitive resolution. IGF candidates, ex Microsoft and exsnowstorm developers.
- Afrofuturist Universe – Former Blizzard artist Anthony Jones’ breathtaking afrofuturistic style and signature character designs bring a new world of sci-fi to life.
- Reputation System – each action Behaviors committed in the world affect how others view Caregivers. Are they afraid of you? Or will they support your quest to protect the endangered Raun and determine the fate of the world?
- Turn-Based Matches – Balance power with diplomacy in an innovative turn-based combat system. Face the consequences as you deal with the complex reality of protecting animals.
- Staffing – Assemble up to nine manga of 100s of characters with different traits, weaknesses, abilities and personalities. Train and upgrade your caregivers in over 30 unique job classes.
- Grow Your Center – Meet leaders, research techs, and make allies in your sci-fi hub. Balance their conflicting demands to save our world.
- Dark Narrative – Individuals outside of your squad are just as important as the rangers you deploy on each map. Follow a bleak narrative of devastating losses in hopes of a better future.
- Tech Tree – From field-level technology upgrades to large-scale speculative research and development, your technology decisions have a global impact.
- You Get a Baby Raun – He’ll rub his nose on your bed long after he’s too old to do it reasonably. So cute.
Watch a new trailer below.
Leave a Comment